Gotten Your Flu Shot? Two CPOD Dates Remain
Flu season is right around the corner, which means flu shot distribution is, too. Methodist Health System will once again be offering flu shots for employees, but this year’s process will be slightly different.
The shots will be distributed as part of a CPOD training exercise. A CPOD, or closed point of dispensing, is activated to provide medical countermeasures to a targeted population such as one at a hospital or business during a public health or community declared emergency.
By dispensing flu shots in a CPOD format, Methodist will be able to test its capabilities to quickly and efficiently dispense medications to a large number of people during an emergency event.
Operating a CPOD will ultimately help our continuity of operations by helping our staff be more resilient during and after such an emergency. It's very important that employees receiving their flu shots participate in the CPOD so we are able to fully implement the CPOD process.
For YOUR safety, the flu shot requirements are as follows:
- Get your flu shot through Methodist by Nov. 20 OR
- Get your flu shot elsewhere AND provide proof to Employee Health by Nov. 20 OR
- Sign a decline form and submit to Employee Health by Nov. 20
Remaining CPOD flu shot dates:
7 a.m. - 3 p.m.
8:30 a.m. - 10 a.m.
What you should know:
- The CPODS are the ONLY flu clinics scheduled
- Flu shots will NOT be available via Employee Health
- Bring your employee badge
- You can get your flu shot at any of the above locations
- If you have already received the flu shot, bring the verification form
- Decline forms will be available
- A lunch ticket and sticker for validation will be provided
For more information, please see the Flu Shot information on the MHSIntranet.