Iowa Mandatory Reporter Requirements Have Changed
Iowa Mandatory Reporter is a required training for all health care employees who work in Iowa or who supervise employees working in Iowa. Effective July 1, 2019, the requirements for Iowa Mandatory Reporter (IMR) have changed.
The required training used to be a two (2) hour course that could be completed through the Methodist Health System online learning system. As of July 1, the training is only available directly from the Iowa Department of Human Services (DHS) website. It will no longer be available in through our NetLearning program.
Here's what else you need to know:
- The initial core training is now two (2) courses, each 2 hours in length – one on dependent adult abuse and one on child abuse.
- The training can be completed by registering with the Iowa DHS Learning Management System website, and it is available 24 hours hours a day, seven days a week.
- At the successful completion of each course, the Iowa DHS Learning Management System will issue a CEU certificate.
- Successful completion of these required training courses means you will receive two certificates from DHS; both need to be sent to Human Resources – G. DHS will not send completions to Methodist. This is your responsibility. These certificates will be good for three years instead of the previous five years.
- You will receive an email from email@example.com 90 days prior to the deadline for you to complete the Iowa Mandatory Report required training.
All valid mandatory reporter training certificates issued prior to July 1, 2019, will remain in effect until the certificate’s expiration date.
While notices to complete the required training will be sent to staff and leaders, Mandatory Reporter will be listed on the due and overdue report. Please remind staff that it is their responsibility to send both completed DHS certificates to HR for documentation. Options include paper and download/email to HRIS@nmhs.org.
Detailed instructions on how to access the new Iowa Mandatory Reporter courses are available on the mhsIntranet >Learning>Iowa Mandatory Reporter.